This experiential training aims to help participants understand the incidence and impact of childhood sexual abuse. Helping clients explore their shame, blame and guilt can be challenging and rewarding therapy.
This session will help you to help your client feel safe with their disclosures and exploration. It will also give you knowledge and understanding to help you to respond to common client questions such as “why me”.
This workshop can be beneficial for anyone from any modality who is working with clients who have experienced childhood sexual abuse.
1. Define childhood sexual abuse and be aware of relevant statistics
2. Be aware of common myths around sexual abuse
3. Typical client presentation following abuse
4. Be able to respond effectively to the “why me?” questions
5. Understand how to help your client discuss shame, blame and guilt
6. Understand how to prevent re-traumatisation and keep your client safe in the room
7. Understand safeguarding issues around disclosure of childhood sexual abuse
Limited number of places available, early booking advised.
Light refreshments provided throughout the day – bring your own lunch
For a booking form please follow the instructions below: