This experiential workshop will focus on identifying issues related to working with loss and the process of transition. We will discuss theoretical models of loss and the actual effects of loss on clients and practioners.
We will work with tools to facilitate those who may be wrestling with the complexities and implementation of change through the process of transition. We will focus om responding to clients experiencing issues related to transition and the impact of transition on ourselves within the context of the counselling profession.
- Discuss theoretical models of loss and the experience of loss
- Identify distinguishing features between change and transition
- Explore the process of transition
- Examine interventions to help the process of transition
- Explore our own transitional needs